For those who haven’t seen it, “Shark Tank” is about a group of self-made multi-millionaires and billionaires (referred to as “sharks” in the show) who invest in American businesses and products to help the owners or inventors pursue their dreams in their company. Here are ten reasons why you should start watching it if you aren’t already.
10 Reasons You Should Watch Shark Tank
1. You get to see people’s wishes come true. People sometimes come into “Shark Tank” hoping to get an investment to help save their business. Others are there to help you start or grow your business. In any case, many of the people who appear on the show are there to obtain an investment from a shark because they require assistance. Nothing beats seeing someone who has worked so hard get so excited when they reach a deal in the tank. You’re witnessing someone’s “American dream” come true right in front of your eyes.
2. Mr Wonderful is a brutally honest person. The show’s cast is fantastic in general, but the main reason to watch is for the pure comedy of Kevin O’Leary, also known as Mr Wonderful on the show. He is probably the rudest of the bunch, and he knows it, but he is also the most realistic at times. It’s just fun to watch the show and hear what he says because he doesn’t hold back and doesn’t care about being nice, even to some of the youngest contestants.
3. You get to see the sharks throw out absurd amounts of money. Sometimes business owners or inventors ask for tens of thousands of dollars, and other times they ask for hundreds of thousands of dollars. It’s incredible to watch the sharks throw money around like it’s nothing. They are all extremely wealthy, but the same shark will sometimes make two or three different deals in one episode and throw out $500,000 like it’s nothing.
4. The negotiations can provide viewers with valuable learning opportunities. According to the sharks, when these people enter the tank, they ask for too much money and not enough equity in the company. The sharks, on the other hand, aren’t afraid to tell people they’re asking for too much money. When the sharks turn the scene into a teaching moment, it’s one of the best parts of the show. Sometimes the owners or inventors change their deal and end up getting a shark to invest, while other times they are too stubborn and lose their chance with a shark. The sharks are always very detailed in explaining why they are or are not making a deal with the person, so viewers can learn from what is said.
5. How else will you learn about useful products? The entire purpose of the show is to present new products or businesses to entice the sharks to invest in them. There are so many wonderful things out there that are simply unknown. However, the show assists you in discovering these unknown products, whether or not the sharks decide to invest in them.
6. The show tells some of the best stories. People’s humbling stories or experiences abound on reality television, but “Shark Tank” appears to have some of the most inspiring. People from all walks of life appear on the show in the hopes of attracting an investor. One of the most recent stories involves the Bottle Breacher’s owners, who have been married for more than nine years. The husband is a former Navy Seal who has turned entrepreneur, and the wife has always been interested in business. The item is a.50 calibre ammunition that was used in combat, but the couple decided to turn it into a bottle opener. Active duty service members, veterans, and reservists make the bottle openers. This is just one example of a product and story that you would have never heard about if it hadn’t been for “Shark Tank.”
7. Things get a little heated between the sharks, which is entertaining to watch. In the most recent season of “Shark Tank,” one of the biggest fights in the show’s history occurred. The creator of a scholarship app couldn’t even finish his pitch or answer any more questions because one of the sharks, Lori Greiner, offered him a deal. The other sharks wanted in as well, and they were all irritated because they wanted to ask more questions. Then, Robert Herjavec jumped in on Lori’s deal, and the app’s creator accepted it. When he walked out of the room, all of the sharks left except Lori and Robert, who were furious. Arguments don’t happen all that often, but when they do, they’re quite entertaining.
8. The show is completely unexpected! You never know what the sharks will do after hearing a pitch. When an entrepreneur thinks he has a deal with one shark, another shark swoops in and offers a better deal, which the entrepreneur usually accepts. Alternatively, the inverse occurs. When you think an entrepreneur will make a deal with a shark no matter what, none of the sharks is interested in investing in the business.
9. It is the only reality television show like it. “Shark Tank” is unlike anything else on television right now. It’s a simple concept, but it’s extremely entertaining to watch. Although the cast is well-known, the deals they make are simple to grasp. It’s a one-of-a-kind show for any type of viewer.
10. A spinoff of the show is in the works. Many people wonder what happens to entrepreneurs after they strike a deal with a shark, and some even wonder what happens if they do not strike a deal. So ABC is answering all questions by airing a show called “Beyond the Tank,” which goes beyond the tank to find out where people are after they appear on the show. So, to watch the spinoff, you must first watch the original show.
“Shark Tank” airs on ABC on Friday nights at 9 p.m. ET.
Shark Tank helps to improve your knowledge of the Entrepreneur, improves your Entrepreneur skills, teaches you how to start or set up your own business and a lot more you need to know in the business world. I personally recommend you try it out and see it for yourself.